When you travel to Destinations in Uganda, you are sure to have many questions about the culture, people, and places. What will I eat? Where can I shop? What is the weather like? What are the popular tourist attractions? What are the best things to do? What are the best places to stay?
What are the visa requirements? All of these questions can be answered by doing a little research before you book your ticket. In this article, I’ll be sharing with you my top picks for the best destinations to travel in Uganda.
Wildlife and Safari for Nature Lovers/Wildlife Photographers
In Uganda, A safari is a great way to experience the natural world. There are many different types of safaris, some that focus on animals and others that focus on plants and landscapes.
For those who love nature and want to experience wildlife, there are plenty of places to visit in Uganda. Some of these locations include national parks, and wildlife sanctuaries. Here are some destinations for you in uganda:
- Murchison Falls national park
- Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Zziwa Rhino sanctuary
- Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Kidepo Valley National Park
- Kibaale National Park
- Semuliki National Park
- Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Lake mburo National Park
- Among many more others
I personally love going on wildlife safaris and it’s not just because of the animals. There are so many things to see, learn and do on a safari, it’s really exciting. Wildlife safaris are the perfect way to explore an area and see what it has to offer. If you want to see the Ugandan animals in their natural habitat, a wildlife safari is your best bet.
There are some people who love parties and some who don’t. Parties are a great way to let your hair down and have fun. There is always a party going on somewhere in Uganda, whether it be at the local bars or the many cultural events. The people here are very friendly and inviting. They love to dance, sing, and have a good time. Your Ideal party destinations in uganda are:
- Night life in Kampala
- Movie nights in acacia mall , victoria mall in entebbe, ham cinemax in makerere hill road, century cinemax in naalya
- Nightlife in Jinja
- Fortportal night life experience
- Theme nights that happen in various hotels and restaurants in and out of kampala
- Traditional Marriage party experiences
- Destination parties eg Ngegenyege
- Worship Nights for example: The phaneero manifest in Lugogo, and many more other weekly fellowships that happen every week
Ideally in every city or town or village in Uganda, there is always a party you just have to find out from your local area. Or where you are residing!
Adventure / Thrill Seekers
For thrill seekers, adventure is a must. When you’re in the mood for some adrenaline, look no further than the world of adventure sports. Adventure sports are a fun way to get your heart pumping and to challenge yourself. There are many different types of adventure sports here in Uganda, so find one that is right for you.
Here are some few destinations for adventure
- Forest Walk and Zipplining in Mabira forest
- Rope Courses and zipplining at Park Shoebill Busi Island in Entebbe
- Entebbe Walking tour and Botanical Gardens Experiences
- Whiteb water rafting on River Nile
- Bungee Jumping in Jinja, Kapchorwa
- Mountain Climbing and Hiking on Mt Elgon, Mt Moroto, Mt sabinyo, Mt.Rwenzori
- Horse back riding in Lake Mburo National Park
- Kayaking on River nile
- Quad Biking in Busi Island, Kalangala, Jinja,
- Boat Cruise on lake Victoria, lake albert, river nile , kazinga channel and many other water bodies
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
Adventure travel has become a popular trend as people want to escape their routine lives. It is an exciting, once in a lifetime experience to embark on a journey of exploration.
Birding is a hobby which can be enjoyed by anyone. It is a great way to connect with nature and learn about the birds in your area. Uganda is home to many bird species that are not found anywhere else in the world.
It is a perfect place for birding enthusiasts to explore. You can visit the following birding destinations:
- Entebbe Botanical Gardens
- Mamamba swamp in Entebbe known for shoebills
- Lake Bunyonyi
- Semuliki National Park
- Kibaale Forest national park
- Queen Elizabeth national park
- Lake Mburo National Park
- Rwenzori Mountains National Park
- And many more others
Birding can be a good way to get outdoors and see all the beautiful sights that nature has to offer.
The Culture Vultures
The culture vultures in this context is a group of travelers or a person who loves to explore the world and learn about the different cultures that they come across. Uganda has a rich and diverse culture, one that is difficult to fully understand without exploring the country’s diverse regions.
- The Ateso Culture
- The Karamojong
- The Tepeth community of Mt. Moroto
- The Batwa Culture
- The Bantu Cultures (i.e Baganda, basoga, banyoro, banyankole, bakiga, batooro, bagisu) etc
- The Luo Cultures (Acholi, langi, Alur, japadhola, etc)
- The Nilotics (Lugbara, Kakwa, ) etc
There are so many tribes and cultures in Uganda and each of these have unique way of life, food, and cultural values.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to discovering Uganda’s top travel destinations. Whether you’re looking for a scenic hike or a chance to see some amazing wildlife, Uganda has something to offer atleast for everyone.
I hope you enjoyed this article about the best travel destinations in Uganda and hope that it answers any questions you might have! If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out via instagram @topcore_adventures
Thanks for reading and we hope you get a chance to visit this beautiful country soon!